Frequently Asked Questions
My Waybill is not found, how can I make payment?
You may not be able to find your waybill in the My Payment service for the following reasons:
- Waybill number is not currently in the MyPayment system. Please check our new duty and tax payment tool: www.delivery.dhl.com
- There is a typo in the waybill number provided, please confirm the number with your shipper.
- There are no duties and taxes owing on the shipment as they may have been paid by the shipper.
- It has not yet been rated. Shipments are typically rated on the day of arrival in Canada.
- Your shipment is being held for further inspection by the Canada Border Services Agency.
- Canada Border Services Agency has changed your shipments status DHL must now contact you for its release.
I've already paid for shipping, why do I have to pay DHL to complete the delivery?
These charges are for customs duties, taxes and processing fees. The duties and taxes were levied by Canada Border Services Agency when your shipment arrived in Canada. DHL paid these duties on your behalf in order to comply with customs regulations and ensure your goods were delivered without delay. Also included in these charges is our processing fee. Visit www.dhl.ca/brokerage for more information.
How can I request a detailed copy of my invoice?
Detailed invoices are available by visiting On Demand Delivery. Should you have any issues retrieving your invoice, please contact us.
Why weren't these costs included upfront when I paid for my order online?
Retailers (internet or catalogue) will normally include advice about import duties on their shipping information pages. You may wish to check the Terms and Conditions of your purchase.
What type of payment methods does DHL accept?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Visa Debit, MasterCard Debit, and PayPal. Interac is also accepted, please check with your bank if they offer this payment method.
I have paid twice, how can I request a refund?
Please visit the Contact Us page and fill out the Duty and Tax Refund Request form. Requests are usually reviewed within 3 business days.
I want to pay from my bank account. Why is my bank not listed on the Interac Online payment page?
Currently the following Financial Institutions offer the service RBC Royal Bank and TD Canada Trust and Bank of Montreal.
Why does the transaction keep failing?
There are a few reasons why the transaction might fail:
- The address / zip code you provided is incorrect. When providing your address during payment please ensure you provide the same address your financial institution has on file for the credit card you are using.
- You are using a credit card that was issued outside of North America. Please try again using a credit card issued from within North America.
Where can I get more information about customs?
Visit www.dhl.ca/customs for more information.