DHL My Payment - Frequently Asked Questions
My Waybill is not found, how can I make payment?
You may not be able to find your waybill in the My Payment service for the following reasons:
(1) There are no duties and taxes owing on the shipment, as they have been paid by the shipper.
(2) There is a typo in the waybill number provided, please confirm the number with your shipper.
(3) It has not yet been rated. Shipments are rated on the day of arrival in Canada.
All shipments are normally rated by 1pm local time, please try again at a later time.
(4) Your shipment is being held for further inspection by Canada Customs.
(5) Canada Customs has changed your shipments status DHL must now contact you for its release
(6) You may be on the wrong site - If you are in the USA please visit www.dhlmypayment.us
If you are sure your waybill number is correct and that you owe delivery duties, then you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to review and assist you.
I've already paid for shipping - why do I have to pay DHL to complete the delivery?
These charges are for customs duties, taxes and processing fees. The duties and taxes were levied by Canada Border Services Agency when your shipment arrived in Canada. DHL paid these duties on your behalf in order to comply with customs regulations and ensure your goods were delivered without delay. Also included in these charges is our processing fee. Visit www.dhl.ca/brokerage for more information.
How can I request a detailed copy of my invoice?
Detailed invoices are provided with your package(s) at the time of delivery to you.
Why weren't these costs included upfront when I paid for my order online?
Retailers (internet or catalogue) will normally include advice about import duties on their shipping information pages. You may wish to check the Terms and Conditions of your purchase.
What type of payment methods does DHL accept?
We accept: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Visa Debit, PayPal and Interac Online.
I have paid twice, how can I request a refund?
Please click mypayment refund and complete the online request form. All refund requests are reviewed and processed within 3 business days.
I want to pay from my bank account. Why is my bank not listed on the Interac Online payment page?
Currently the following Financial Institutions offer the service: Scotiabank, Royal Bank, TD Canada Trust, and Bank of Montreal. More information about Interac Online can be found here: Interac Online.
Why does the transaction keep failing?
(1) The address / zip code you provided is incorrect. When providing your address during payment
please ensure you provide the same address your financial institution has on file for the credit
card you are using.
(2) You are using a credit card that was issued outside of North America. Please try again using a
credit card issued from within North America.
Where can I get more information about customs?
Visit www.dhl.ca/customs for more information.